Monday, April 4, 2011

An Introduction, or why this blog...

Who am I and why another blog...
I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian and also an avid needleworker (mostly counted embroidery). I have discovered that in the United States, at least, it can be difficult to find patterns and kits with an Orthodox-related theme however if you search hard you can find a great number of options through the Internet and Eastern European sources.  My hope for this blog is that it will serve as a central resource for others interested in needlework patterns and kits related to Eastern Orthodox Christianity.  

What I'll post...
My main area of focus is on patterns for home or personal use, but if I ever run across good resources for liturgical needlework I will post those as well.  I am more interested in patterns than in finished goods so most of the information I will post will be geared towards the crafter.  I'll also post some of my WIP's and completed work because what is the point of having a vanity site if you don't get to show off...

Anything related the Orthodox faith or Orthodox Church will find it's way up - Icons, Church buildings, 'Red' corner scarves, Pascha basket covers, and so on.

How to find...
I will not post any patterns unless I have created them myself, have permission to do so, or know them to be in the public domain.  I will post pictures of finished work or magazine drawings as a point of reference.  If I know of a legitimate place to purchase the pattern I will link to it, otherwise I leave acquisition of patterns up to you. 

So, I think that sums everything up.  Now to the fun part - the patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment